Anyone who is a tween, teen, parent or guardian of one, is on a journey! The years of being a teenager are full of transformation: mentally, physically, emotionally, and spiritually. You don’t have to ride the roller coaster alone. First Baptist Student Ministry is here for you! In the FBC Student Ministry, we intentionally shape and form the lives of our youth in Christ through loving and purposeful programs and experiences. Throughout the year, our activities include summer camp, Bible study, mission trips, lock-ins, weekly youth group, choir tours, retreats and many other special events. If you are new to the area or to the church, we would love to meet you and welcome you to the Student Ministry at FBC.
Student ministry at First Baptist is designed to help students, grades 6-12th, find a place where they can:
- Learn to be a disciple and center their lives on Christ
- Create healthy friendships and be part of a community of believers
- Build God’s Kingdom through acts of service
- Discern their calling through gifts and talents
- Have fun
FBC Youth Group wants to be authentic about seeking God, learning what it means to live as a community of believers, and wants to build deep relationships with God and one another.
FBC Gainesville youth group believes:
- Everyone is welcome, wanted, and included.
- Relationships are built on love, trust, and respect.
- We should show an abundance of grace to everyone we meet.
- God calls us to serve others.
- We will create a safe place for everyone to worship and grow closer to God.
- We respect each other in word, action, and deed
- We are open minded to new ideas, new cultures and different personalities
- We want to deal with conflict and disagreements before they get out of hand.
- We admit when we are wrong and ask for forgiveness
- We trust God in all things as our faith grows.
- We want to create Safe Environment
- No drugs, alcohol, or tobacco products on youth events
- No bullying
- No exclusive relationships (No cliques don’t be afraid to make new friends; this doesn’t mean you can’t date)
This covenant is made in order to have clear communication and expectations of the hopes and beliefs of FBC youth group family. It will be monitored and upheld by all those who are part of the FBC youth. If these promises are not kept, then the “situation” in question will be brought to the youth minister, and if it affects the entire group, it will be brought before the youth council representatives, in order for there to be a discussion and appropriate actions taken for that situation.