What does it mean to be a disciple of Jesus Christ? At First Baptist Church, we see discipleship as a lifelong journey towards becoming more like Jesus. In the words of Eugene Peterson, the Christian life is "a long obedience in the same direction". It is a path that cannot be walked alone; it must be traveled with companions on all sides.
FBC is filled with friends and neighbors who are taking seriously the call of Jesus in our lives. We are a people of joy. We are a people of hope. Most of all, we are a people who take seriously the command of Jesus to love God and to love our neighbor as ourselves. To follow this central teaching of Jesus is to get at the heart of what it means to be a disciple of Christ. The church is filled with opportunities to plug in; on Wednesday evening, Sunday morning, and many other times throughout the week. We invite you to come and join us as we seek to follow the way of Jesus.
Easter at First Baptist Gainesville
This Easter we invite you and your family to journey with us as we revisit the events of 2,000 years ago! Events so far behind us, yet so profoundly changing and restoring lives to this day! We have lots planned for the whole family-make sure you join us!
• April 14th Palm Sunday (Children’s Palm Parade at 10:50am worship service)
• Sun. April 14th-Friday April 19th Interactive Prayer Stations in the Banquet Hall Lobby open 9:00am. This is designed for families and creates a space to participate in interactive prayer experiences and hands- on activities that allow for reflection during Holy Week.
• Thursday April 18th Maundy Thursday Service & Communion 6:00 pm (dinner begins at 5:00pm)
• Good Friday April 19th Service of Nails 12:00pm
• Sat. April 20th Easter Eggstravaganza on Front Lawn at 10:00am. Children are invited to hunt eggs, decorate cookies, make spring crafts and more!
•Sunday April 21st Easter Sunrise Service 7:00am. Breakfast begins at 8:00am-9:30am. Great Easter Celebration and Baptism Service at 10:00 am. (No Sunday School on this day. Bring the family and celebrate with us!