Ministry of Caring
Help is just a phone call away. Please don't hesitate to let us know if you are in need of care. The Ministry of Caring office will meet people on an appointment basis only. We do not take walk-ins. We can help with propane, natural gas, electric, water bills or prescriptions. Please call Janet Early at 770-534-8313 and leave your name, phone number and a brief description of your need.
Our office hours are Monday-Thursday, 9:00am-5:00pm. We are not open on Fridays. We can only help Hall County Residents.
Things to consider before you arrive:
- We can only help with prescriptions on an approved list.
- Bring your bill. We will call the utility company to verify the account. We will pay the minimum amount needed to keep your utility on providing it is not over our maximum ($200) limit. We also help with deposits. If the bill is in the landlord's name we can help if the landlord writes a statement that the utility is in his name but you are paying for it and you bring in a signed lease.
- Bring a picture ID for all adults in the household and Social Security Cards for all members of the household. You will be required to fill out and sign our form giving us permission to share your information with other agencies in the Hall County Collaborative.
- Bring a proof of income. Please bring in pay check stubs, SSI-Disability, Workman's Compensation, SSI-Retirement or Unemployment Compensation.
- We do not have a food pantry. but we can provide a list of the food pantries in Hall County.
- We can only help each household with utilities once a year.
- We do not have provisions for people for extended stays in motels/hotels. But, we can provide a list of local shelters.
- At different times during the year we might have food/gas gift cards. To receive a gas card, please make an appointment. Plan to bring proof of car insurance or car registration. Food cards are reserved to those without a home. Otherwise, we can direct you to one of the many food banks in Hall County
- At the first of every month, First Baptist receives 20 vouchers for clothes from the Atlanta Union Mission. We also make referrals to the Community Food Pantry and Action Ministries.
WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO TURN DOWN ANY REQUEST FOR ASSISTANCE AT OUR DISCRETION. ALL INFORMATION WILL BE SHARED WITH OTHER AGENCIES AND THE HALL COUNTY COLLABORATIVE/CHARITY TRACKER.